I’m a writer with an art background and a knack for bringing out great work in others. Before I launched my freelance career in January 2015, I worked as a creative communications manager for a nonprofit, a copywriter at an agency and a magazine editor for both trade and consumer publications. I’ve also managed content for an app. I put this experience to work for clients in a range of fields—consumer, trade, business-to-business and internal communications. My strength is my ability to listen to people and truly understand what they need, then help them put their thoughts into words that resonate with their audience.
My specialties include:
• Writing (copywriting, web writing, ghostwriting)
• Project management
• Content & creative strategy
• 20+ years of communications experience
• Bachelor’s degrees in English and Studio Art; MFA in poetry
• Upbeat, positive and productive work style, 1:1 or with teams
I live in an old neighborhood on the East Side of Indianapolis. When I’m not working with clients, I write poetry and essays, make prints, run, garden, and spend time with my family, friends, neighbors and beagles.
Send me an email and let’s talk about what you need!